Chili Lime Turkey Burgers
This past weekend, I made this delicious recipe for turkey burgers! They were FULL of flavor and way healthier than your typical hamburger. This was the meal I picked for my meal swap group this week. (I will explain what a meal swap is later this week). I did my prep on Saturday morning and they looked so yummy, I had to grill them up for lunch! My husband was a little skeptical because burgers are “supposed” to be beef…but after trying them, he admitted they were good!
**Feel free to double the recipe and freeze the extras for a later date**
CHILI LIME TURKEY BURGERS
• 1 pound lean ground turkey
• 2 green onions, chopped
• ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
• 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 lime, cut in half
1. Combine turkey, green onions, bell pepper, cilantro, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and juice of half a lime in a large bowl. (I used my kitchen aid mixer and worked wonderfully) Once mixed together separate into 4 patties.
2. Heat up grill or skillet over medium-high heat. Grill burgers for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked all the way through. Feel free to melt a slice of cheese on top for about a minute. Another great topping is guacamole or sliced avocados.
Assemble burger, add your toppings, and enjoy!