FUDGY AVOCADO BROWNIES
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 36 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
Serves: 16, 1 brownie each
Calories: 116 Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 13g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 77mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
- Combine avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine cocoa powder, salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add cocoa powder mixture to avocado mixture; mix well.
- Add chocolate chips; mix until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even.
- Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for an hour before removing from pan. Cut into 8 squares.